Thursday, June 7, 2012

Time to Box

Last night I had a visitor. I was in the middle of dream in which I was removing dirt from Daniel. I suddenly awoke to hear my door knob turn, so I questioned to see who was there, "Caleb?" "Yes, Mom. I'm scared!"
It's been a long time since we had a middle of the night visitor, and while exhaustion was keeping me from moving more than an inch or two, I shifted enough to pull him into bed for a few minutes of comfort.

We spoke about fear, our thought life, and the Prince of Peace. We talked about courage and how God promises to be with us always. I even squeezed a portion of the sermon I heard from Pastor Greg last night into our chat. And while I sometimes get eye rolling when sharing scripture after scripture with this preteen, when I thought he had a enough and stopped, he actually asked for 3 more scriptures. It's so amazing how much life is in God's Word... how much power is in it when spoken. We could all hear God so clearly as the rest of our hemisphere was quite and asleep. Mark and I prayed over Caleb and sent him back to bed.We laid in bed and continued to pray and pray for him until we fell back asleep ourselves.

This morning Caleb couldn't wait to share the rest of his night with us. After crawling back into bed, he fell asleep by changing his way of thinking... thinking on things that were true. Then he had a dream. He was in a boxing ring. In his opposite corner were all his fears. As the bell rang he went over to each one and with a one two, he would knock them out! In no time at all Caleb was the winner. What an amazing dream!

So, what fears are you in battle with right now? Is it time to put on your boxing gloves and get in the ring? You could have a K.O. with just one blow!


"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

 

 

No comments: