Monday, April 9, 2012

Hope, Want, Expectation

I did my best to go into today with a smile and a positive attitude. On days where Caleb is gone I kind of feel like the character Eeyore... mopey and with a cloud over my head. I have prayed the Lord takes that from me and have tried to" think of true things" (Philippians 4:8), but with him gone all of Spring Break I knew it my be an extra challenge. I was thrilled when this morning started on a right foot and a smile on my face, but by 11 am things had changed. Two phone calls later I was left feeling frustrated.

The first call was from Marriott about our summer vacation. I was hoping they would be able to change the dates on the non-refundable vacation deal I booked with them months and months ago. However, Hilton Head in summer is completely booked, and it was not going to happen. This, in turn, now meant that I was going to have to choose between our family vacation and my cousin's wedding in Las Vegas. Ugh! Next was a call I placed into work....

And speaking of work, have I ever mentioned what I do? Cause I truly love it! I am a Senior Consultant with The Pampered Chef. I recently watched a clip of a video in which a woman shared that she is an "Ambassador of Heaven" and that her home is the "Embassy." I LOVE it! And that is truly what I feel I do - help people make quick, delicious, and healthy meals so that I can do what's important - gather around the table and do life together. I truly treasured family meal time growing up and hold it at utmost importance for our family as well. I love that I get to help others do the same!

...I called The Pampered Chef home office with a question about an international guest present at a party last Friday that wanted to try out the Pampered Chef business and do what I do too. She was so sweet, and I would love to have her on my team. Unfortunately, she will need to be referred to The Pampered Chef in Canada.

So there I was, completely frustrated and disappointed that things did not work out the way I hoped, wanted, and expected. Soon after I heard the Lord's gentle whisper that His plans are SO much better than my plans. Peace came over me and I knew that our vacation was just when it needed to be and that things were best for this soon to be consultant if she signed up in Canada. As my faith grew I wondered how much longer it would take until that TRUST was my first reaction instead of a delayed reaction. I wonder if it's even possible this side of heaven. I grabbed my "Journal of Thanks" and thanked the Lord for unanswered prayer, hope, wants, and expectations. My desire is to trust my loving heavenly Father right away, but for now, I will do my best to allow that emotion of frustration to direct my trust to Him and His best for me. I know that His plans for me are so much better than what I could hope, want or expect.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Jeremiah 29:11

 



No comments: